GEORGETOWN, Texas -- Top-seeded Trinity earned a 2-1 overtime victory against Texas Lutheran on Saturday afternoon to advance to the SCAC Men's Soccer Tournament Championship for the sixth consecutive season. Official Championships Website | Postgame Interview | Tournament Stats | Semifinal Photo Album
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Trinity struck first in the game's fourth minute when Jacon Hallenberger scored his sixth of the season, assisted by Quentin Van Der Lee.
- Texas Lutheran responded just over 12 minutes later on Edgar Molina's second goal of the season, assisted by Braulio Adam and Luis Green.
- Trinity held an edge in shots, 15-5, including an 11-2 advantage in the second-half and overtime.
- The golden goal came in the 99th minute as Andrea Cosidspoti found Fraser Burns for his fourth goal of the year.
TRINITY STATISTICAL STANDOUTS
- Fraser Burns: 1 goal, 4 shots, 4 shots on goal
- Jacob Hallenberger: 1 goal, 3 shots, 3 shots on goal
- Quentin Van Der Lee: 1 assist, 1 shot, 1 shot on goal
- Blake Lieberman: 1 save, 1 goal allowed
TEXAS LUTHERAN STATISTICAL STANDOUTS
- Edgar Molina: 1 goal, 2 shots, 1 shot on goal
- Luis Green: 1 assist, 1 shot
- Braulio Adam: 1 assist, 1 shot
- Brendan Soto: 7 saves, two goals allowed
- The victory advances the Trinity men to their SCAC leading ninth tournament final.
- Trinity improves to 15-2-1 overall in SCAC Tournament action .
- Saturday marked the fifth time Trinity has been to overtime in the SCAC Tournament, now improving to a record of 2-2-1.
- Despite the loss, Texas Lutheran tied a program best for wins in a season since joining the SCAC beginning in 2013.
- TLU's Luis Green finished the season with 18 goals, the highest mark of any SCAC athlete since Johnny Lawson of Trinity scored 18 in 2014.
By defeating TLU, Trinity (15-1-2) will now face Southwestern in Sunday's Final. This year will mark the third time in SCAC history that Southwestern and Trinity have met in the final with the Tigers holding a 2-0 record, picking up victories in 2012 and 2013.