SAN ANTONIO, Texas - The Trinity University Tigers defeated the Southwestern Pirates 1-0 to win their 10th consecutive SCAC Championship.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Trinity outshot Southwestern 16-3.
- Both teams earned 3 corner kick opportunities in the match.
- The Tigers scored on a set piece in the 24th minute of the game.
TRINITY UNIVERSITY STATISTICAL STANDOUTS
- Chelsea Cole (F): 1 goal, 4 shots, 3 shots on goal
- Lindsey Peng (D): 1 assist
SOUTHWESTERN UNIVERSITY STATISTICAL STANDOUTS
- Mary Cardone (GK): 90 minutes of play, 6 saves
- Trinity wins its 10th consecutive SCAC title and ninth tournament championship in program history.
- Chelsea Cole, who scored her league-leading 22nd goals this season and her seventh game-winning goal, earned SCAC Tournament Offensive Most Valuable Player honors.
- Lindsey Peng was named SCAC Tournament Defensive MVP as she and the Trinity defense recorded two shutouts on the weekend and yielded just six total shots in two games. She also picked up her ninth assist of the season to tie for the team lead.
- In tournament championship games, the Tigers have outscored opponents 22-2 all-time.
- Of the 10 SCAC Tournament Championship matches, Trinity has been involved in all 10 and won nine.
- The Tigers earn their 23rd NCAA Tournament bid since 1992.
Trinity (16-1-1) awaits NCAA Tournament selection which will be announced tomorrow at 1:30 p.m. ET. Last season the Tigers made it to the second round of the NCAA tournament where they lost to Hardin-Simmons 3-2. Southwestern ends its season at 11-6-0.