SHREVEPORT, La. - Texas Lutheran's Raquel Morris scored the only goal of the game as the third-seeded Bulldogs defeated No. 2 seed Schreiner University Saturday evening.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The two teams were evenly matched, each recording nine shots. Texas Lutheran held a 6-4 shot on goal advantage.
- Raquel Morris scored on a fastbreak up the middle in the 61st minute of the game.
TEXAS LUTHERAN UNIVERSITY STATISTICAL STANDOUTS
- Raquel Morris (F): 1 goal, 2 shots, 2 shots on goal
- Jaclyn Smolik (F): 2 shots, 1 shot on goal
- Stephanie Barrientos (GK): 90:00 minutes of play, 4 saves
SCHREINER UNIVERSITY STATISTICAL STANDOUTS
- Alex Gill (MF): 3 shots, 1 shot on goal
- Cailee Morgan (MF): 2 shots
- Jordin Toso (GK): 90:00 minutes of play, 5 saves
- Sunday's game will be a rematch from the 2014 and 2015 SCAC Women's Soccer Championship games.
- The goal by Raquel Morris was her fourth goal of the season and her second game-winner.
- The Bulldogs were 0-2 against Schreiner during the regular season.
Texas Lutheran University advances to play top-seeded Trinity University in tomorrow's conference title match. Kick-off is scheduled for 1 p.m. CT.