(Photo courtesy of Anthony Mazur)
IRVING, Texas - Second-seeded University of Dallas scored a pair of goals in each half and cruised to a 4-1 victory over Southwestern University in the semifinals of the 2017 SCAC Men's Soccer Tournament. Official Website | Postgame Interview
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Hunter Haugland headed in a ball that was crossed into the box to give Dallas an early lead in the game's eighth minute.
- Chima Ogueri took a cleared ball 50+ feet and banged home the Crusaders' second goal with just under five minutes to play in the first half.
- Dallas outshot Southwestern 12-2 in the first half.
- Haugland picked up his second goal of the game and the 10th of his season with a breakaway chance on the left side.
- Jake Swonke scored the Pirates' only goal of the game in the 63rd minute.
- Nat Kajiwara also picked up his 10th goal of the season and closed out the scoring for Dallas when he found the back of the net in the 79th minute off an assist from Ogueri.
UNIVERSITY OF DALLAS STATISTICAL STANDOUTS
- Hunter Haugland: 4 shots, 3 shots on goal, 2 goals scored
- Chima Ogueri: 2 shots, 1 shot on goal, 1 goal scored, 1 assist
- Nat Kajiwara: 5 shots, 3 shots on goal, 1 goal scored
- Andrew Ciancone: 2 shots on goal, 1 assist
SOUTHWESTERN UNIVERSITY STATISTICAL STANDOUTS
- Jake Swonke: 1 shot, 1 shot on goal, 1 goal scored
- Jaxon Whittington: 1 assist
- Dejan Savic: 2 shots
- University of Dallas will make its first-ever appearance in the SCAC Men's Soccer championship match.
- It will mark the fourth time in the last six years the host school has advanced to the men's title game. Host schools are 1-2 in those three previous appearances.
- Since the reinstatement of the SCAC soccer tournament in 2011, Dallas will be the sixth different team to play for a men's soccer title. Teams making their first-ever appearance in the SCAC men's soccer final are 2-3 in that game.
- With his multiple goal game, Hunter Haugland continued the streak of at least one player having a multiple goal SCAC tournament performance in the last four conference postseason events.
University of Dallas will face top-seeded Trinity on Sunday in the SCAC Championship match. Kickoff is scheduled for 1 p.m. CT. Southwestern ends its season with a record of 6-12-3.