SHREVEPORT, La. - Top seeded Trinity University advanced to its ninth-straight SCAC Women's Soccer final with Saturday's 5-0 shutout of Centenary College.
Five different players scored for the Trinity Tigers as they earned the dominant win over the Ladies Saturday afternoon.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Trinity outshot Centenary 38-3.
- Trinity took six corner kicks, scoring off of one in the ninth minute of play.
TRINITY UNIVERSITY STATISTICAL STANDOUTS
- Julia Kelly (MF): 1 goal, 4 shots, 3 shots on goal
- Abby Tisdale (MF): 1 goal, 3 shots, 1 shot on goal
- Meredith Licata (F): 1 goal, 3 shots, 1 shot on goal
- Tierney Thomison (F): 1 goal, 2 shots, 1 shot on goal
- Chelsea Cole (MF): 1 goal, 2 shots, 1 shot on goal
- Paige Wallace (GK): 45:00 minutes of play, 2 saves
CENTENARY COLLEGE STATISTICAL STANDOUTS
- Maggie Pitcher (GK): 90:00 minutes of play, 9 saves
- Pamela Fonseca (MF): 1 shot, 1 shot on goal
- Riley Spudic (D): 1 shot, 1 shot on goal
- Cole's goal was the 18th of the season, while Kelly and Licata's goals were their 12th and eighth, respectively.
- Trinity will meet Texas Lutheran in the championship game, the third time in the last four years that the two teams have faced off in the title game.
- There have been nine SCAC women's soccer tournaments in the league's history and Trinity has played in the final of all nine. Heading into tomorrow's final, the Tigers are 7-1 in those previous seven championship matches.
Trinity (17-1) advances to the SCAC championship match for the ninth straight year and will take on Texas Lutheran University Sunday at 1 p.m. CT.