GEORGETOWN, Texas -- Maitlin Raycroft tossed just the second no-hitter in tournament history and Texas Lutheran cruised into the semifinals of the 2018 SCAC Softball Championship with an 8-0 victory over Centenary Friday afternoon at Taylor-Sanders Field on the campus of Southwestern. Official Website l Bracket l Postgame Interview l Photo Gallery
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Raycroft allowed no hits in the run-ruled five inning game, tossing just the second no-hitter in SCAC Tournament history. She struck out 11 and walked two and lowered her league-leading ERA to 0.98.
- TLU banged out 10 hits
- The Bulldogs scored four runs in the third and three more in the fourth to take control of the game.
- Three different Bulldogs drove in two runs each - Kelsie McEachern, Haley Padilla and Skylar Ouellette.
TEXAS LUTHERAN UNIVERSITY STATISTICAL STANDOUTS
- Kelsie McEachern: 2-2, 1 2B, 2 runs, 2 RBI
- Cassie Roche: 2-3, 1 2B, 1 RBI, 2 runs, 1 SB
- Haley Padilla: 1-2, 1 HR, 1 run, 2 RBI
- Skylar Ouellette: 2-2, 2 2B, 2 RBI
- Maitlin Raycroft: 5.0 IP, 0 H, 0 ER, 11 K, 2 BB
CENTENARY COLLEGE STATISTICAL STANDOUTS
- Margeaux Smith: 4.0 IP, 10 hits, 8 R, 7 ER, 3 BB
- Raycroft improved to 17-0 with the victory. Her 17 wins are tied for the 13th-most in a single-season in SCAC history. With 11 strikeouts, it was the fourth time this season she has posted a double-digit strikeout performance.
- It was the fourth no-hitter Raycroft has thrown this season and the 12th of her career.
- Raycroft's no-no was just the second in SCAC Softball Tournament history. Cozette Palmer of Southwestern threw a 5.0 inning no-hitter at the 2015 championships in a 8-0 run-rule victory over Austin College.
- With the victory, Texas Lutheran improves to 35-1 and has won 28 straight games.
Texas Lutheran advances to Saturday's SCAC tournament semifinal game, set for a 3 p.m. start against either No. 2 seed Schreiner or No. 3 seed Southwestern. The Mountaineers and Pirates play Friday evening to determine TLU's semifinal opponent. Centenary will play Dallas in an elimination game at 10 a.m. on Saturday.