GEORGETOWN, Texas -- Third-seeded Southwestern exploded for six runs in the fourth and five more in the sixth and cruised to a 12-2 win over second-seeded Schreiner in the Friday nightcap of the 2018 SCAC Softball Tournament. Official Website l Bracket l Postgame Interview l Photo Gallery
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Southwestern scored six runs in the top of the fourth, chasing Schriener starter Hannah Ortiz with two outs in the inning.
- Southwestern's bats stayed hot as the Pirates racked up 13 hits after banging out 14 earlier in the day against Dallas.
- Lindsey Longuet picked up her second win of the day, going the distance after picking up the win in relief against Dallas.
SOUTHWESTERN UNIVERSITY STATISTICAL STANDOUTS
- Sydney Scott: 2-4, 1 2B, 1 HR, 2 runs, 3 RBI
- Kaitlyn Copher: 2-4, 1 2B, 1 3B, 1 RBI, 2 runs
- Katelyn Francis: 2-3, 1 run
- Izzy Jack: 1-2, 2 RBI, 1 run
- Lindsey Longuet: 6.0 IP, 3 hits, 2 ER, 1 K, 2 BB
SCHREINER UNIVERSITY STATISTICAL STANDOUTS
- Alyssa Mack: 1-3, 1 run, 1 SB
- Kaylee Atchley: 1-2, 1 2B, 1 RBI
- Gabriela Acuna: 1-2, 1 run, 1 SB
- Lindsey Longuet improved to 6-4 on the season with her complete game, three-hitter.
- After having never made it to the winner's bracket semifinal game prior to the 2017 tournament, the Pirates are in that position for the second consecutive year.
Southwestern advances to play Texas Lutheran in tomorrow's semifinal winner's bracket game at 3 p.m., with the winner advancing to Sunday's championship round. Schreiner will play Trinity in an elimination game scheduled for 12:30 p.m. on Saturday.