IRVING, Texas - Trinity University exploded for three goals in the game's final 20 minutes and earned its seventh straight conference title Sunday with a 4-0 victory over Texas Lutheran University in the championship match of the SCAC Women's Soccer Tournament. Official Website | Photo Gallery | Jordan Leeper (Trinity) Postgame Interview | Julia Camp (Trinity) Postgame Interview | Lance Key (Trinity) Postgame Interview
Sophomore Abby Tisdale had bookend goals for the Tigers, finding the net in the 27th and 87th minutes to pace the Trinity attack.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Trinity outshot Texas Lutheran 22-1 and held the Bulldogs without an attempt on goal.
- Trinity had 12 different players attempt shots while TLU had its sole attempt come from the foot of leading scorer Sioned Kirkpatrick.
- Jordan Bethea and Tierney Thomison both scored their first goals of the season.
TRINITY UNIVERSITY STATISTICAL STANDOUTS
- Abby Tisdale (So., MF) 2 shots, 2 shots on goal, 2 goals
- Maggie Olvera (Sr., MF) 4 shots, 2 shots on goal
- Jordan Bethea (So., D) 1 shot, 1 shot on goal, 1 goal
- Tierney Thomison (So., F) 1 shot, 1 shot on goal, 1 goal
TEXAS LUTHERAN UNIVERSITY STATISTICAL STANDOUTS
- Sioned Kirkpatrick (Sr., F) 1 shot
- Erin Rose (Jr., GK) 6 saves, 2 goals allowed
- Trinity has won the last six SCAC women's soccer tournaments (2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011 and 1992) and has played in the championship match in all seven events.
- The conference title is the seventh straight for Trinity.
- By virtue of the conference championship, Trinity will make its seventh straight NCAA tournament appearance and 21st all-time.
- Abby Tisdale is just the second player in SCAC women's soccer tournament history to score multiple goals in the championship match.
- Julia Camp was named the 2015 SCAC Women's Soccer Tournament Offensive MVP.
- Jordan Leeper was named the 2015 SCAC Women's Soccer Tournament Defensive MVP.
With the victory, Trinity University earns the SCAC's automatic berth to the NCAA Tournament. The Tigers will find out their first-round opponent when the brackets are announced on Monday.