IRVING, Texas - Top seeded Trinity University advanced to its seventh-straight SCAC women's soccer tournament final with Saturday's 6-0 shutout of Southwestern University. Official Website | Photo Gallery | Postgame Interview
Sophomore midfielder Julia Camp had two quick goals in the game's first six minutes and the top-ranked Tigers never looked back in improving to 18-0-1.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Trinity outshot Southwestern 28-1.
- Trinity had 9 corners to Southwestern's 2.
- Southwestern had no shots on goal while 16 of Trinity's attempts were on goal.
TRINITY UNIVERSITY STATISTICAL STANDOUTS
- Julia Camp (So., MF), 4 shots, 3 shots on goal, 2 goals, 1 assist
- Hannah Hommel (Jr., F), 5 shots, 3 shots on goal, 1 goal, 1 assist
- Maggie Olvera (Sr., MF), 3 shots, 2 shots on goal, 2 goals
- Chelsea Cole (Fy., MF), 2 shots, 1 shot on goal, 2 assists
- Kim Polasek (Sr., MF), 3 shots, 2 shots on goal, 1 goal
SOUTHWESTERN UNIVERSITY STATISTICAL STANDOUTS
- Kylie Hunt (So., GK), 10 saves
- Mariah Fairbanks (Sr., F) 4 shots, 1 shot on goal
- Cascade Mayer (Jr., MF) 2 shots, 1 shot on goal
- Camp's first goal, which came 2:24 into the game, was the second-fastest goal scored in SCAC Women's Soccer Tournament history.
- With her 12th and 13th goals of the season, Camp took over the conference lead in goals scored.
- Colleen Markey had her league-leading ninth assist on Camp's second goal.
- There have been seven SCAC women's soccer tournaments in the league's history and Trinity has played in the final of all seven. Heading into tomorrow's final, the Tigers are 5-1 in those previous six championship matches.