IRVING, Texas - Texas Lutheran's Sioned Kirkpatrick scored the only goal of the match and the Bulldogs held on for a 1-0 victory over Schreiner University in Saturday's second semifinal match of the SCAC Women's Soccer Tournament. Official Website | Photo Gallery | Postgame Interview
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Kirkpatrick's successful PK after a takedown in the box was the difference.
- Schreiner outshot Texas Lutheran 12-9, but TLU held a 7-4 advantage in the 2nd half.
- Schriener had 4 corners, all coming in the 1st half.
- Texas Lutheran had 3 corners, all coming in the 2nd half.
TEXAS LUTHERAN UNIVERSITY STATISTICAL STANDOUTS
- Sioned Kirkpatrick (Sr., F) 4 shots, 3 shots on goal, 1 goal
- Erin Rose (Jr., GK) 5 saves, 0 goals allowed
SCHREINER UNIVERSITY STATISTICAL STANDOUTS
- Delaney Morrow (So., D) 3 shots, 1 shot on goal
- Laura Atzeni (So., MF) 2 shots, 1 shot on goal
- Kyli Harvey (Fy., F) 2 shots, 1 shot on goal
- Texas Lutheran is now 4-2 in SCAC women's soccer tournament history.
- The Texas Lutheran/Trinity title match is a rematch of last year's championship game. Last season, Trinity defeated TLU, 3-0.
- The goal by Sioned Kirkpatrick tied her with Trinity's Camp for the league lead with 13.
- Schreiner finishes the season with 11 wins, the most wins in a single-season in program history.
Texas Lutheran (13-4-2) advances to play top-seeded Trinity University in tomorrow's conference title match. Kick-off is scheduled for 1 p.m. CT.