SHREVEPORT, La. – Third-seeded Centenary College plated the lone run of the game in the bottom half of the seventh inning to defeat sixth-seeded Dallas, 1-0, in walk-off fashion in game two of the 2019 SCAC Softball Tournament. Official Website l Bracket l Postgame Interview l Photo Gallery
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Haley Campbell led off the seventh with a single, her second of the game and got into scoring position by stealing second.
- Becca McGough drove in Campbell with one out in the seventh for her seventh RBI of the season the win for the Ladies.
- Paige Rasmussen got the start for the Crusaders, going six strong innings, allowing just five hits, no runs and striking out four but Maggie Watts entered the game in the seventh and was credited with the loss.
- Nicole Aldridge started in the circle for Centenary going 5.1 strong innings, allowing six hits to get the no decision .
- Hannah Scoggin earned her ninth win of the season coming in the sixth to get the Ladies out of a jam and finished the game going 1.2 innings with two strikeouts.
CENTENARY COLLEGE STATISTICAL STANDOUTS
- Haley Campbell: 2-2, 1 Run
- Becca McGough: 1-3, 1 RBI
- Erin Lewis: 1-2
- Hannah Scoggin: 1.2 IP, 0 Hits, 0 Runs, 2 K
UNIVERSITY OF DALLAS STATISTICAL STANDOUTS
- Julie Duenas: 2-3
- Caitlyn Stevenson: 1-3
- Mackenzie Tano: 1-3
- Centenary improved to 3-0 all-time against Dallas in SCAC Tournament play.
- Centenary is now 3-2 all-time in its opening SCAC tournament game.
- Since softball became an official SCAC sport (1999), the team hosting the confernece tournament is 12-4 in its opening game.
The Ladies will move on to face second-seeded Southwestern University later today with first pitch scheduled for 6:30 p.m. Meanwhile, the Crusaders will move into an elimination game against the loser of Texas Lutheran and Schreiner at 10 a.m. tomorrow.