GEORGETOWN, Texas - Third-seeded Centenary College scored in the final minute of the first half and made that goal hold up as the Ladies defeated sixth-seeded Schreiner University in Friday afternoon's second quarterfinal of the 2019 SCAC Women's Soccer Tournament. Official Championships Website | Postgame Interview | Tournament Stats
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Centenary's Ariel Muller goal in the 45th minute, with an assist from Johana Anaya, was the difference. The goal by Muller was her fourth of the year and first game-winner. Anaya's assist was her third on the season.
- Karlie Delhommer posted the shutout in goal, her third of the season.
- Centenary dominated possession, especially in the first half, when the Ladies held a 17-1 shooting advantage. For the game, Centenary outshot Schriener, 20-4.
- The Ladies also held the 9-1 advantage on corners.
CENTENARY COLLEGE STATISTICAL STANDOUTS
- Ariel Muller: 1 shot, 1 shot on goal, 1 goal
- Kyra Montes: 5 shots, 2 shots on goal
- Emilee Byrd: 4 shots, 2 shots on goal
- Johana Anaya: 3 shots, 1 shot on goal, 1 assist
- Karlie Delhommer (GK): 90 minutes in goal, 0 goals allowed, 1 save
SCHREINER UNIVERSITY STATISTICAL STANDOUTS
- Dani Loeblein: 1 shot
- Kayla Mullen: 1 shot
- Allyssa Nease (GK): 90 minutes in goal, 5 saves, 1 goal allowed
- The meeting was the second of the year between the two. Centenary had defeated Schreiner, 4-1, on Oct. 11 in Kerrville.
- Centenary advances to the semifinals for just the second time in program history.
- Centenary will take on second-seeded Southwestern in the next round - the last time the two met in the SCAC tournament was when Centenary last advanced in the championship as the Ladies advanced on penalty kicks in the 2017 quarterfinals.
- The two just played last weekend in Shreveport with Southwestern earning the 2-1 decision in double-overtime.
Centenary advances to the semifinals tomorrow and will face second-seeded Southwestern, the host school, at 1:30 p.m. (CT).