GEORGETOWN, Texas - The fourth-seeded University of Dallas Crusaders defeated fifth-seeded Texas Lutheran University, 2-0, in Friday's first quarterfinal of the 2019 SCAC Women's Soccer Tournament which is being contested on the campus of Southwestern University. Official Championships Website | Postgame Interview | Tournament Stats
HOW IT HAPPENED
- After a scoreless first half, Dallas broke through with the game's first goal when Elisa Duran found the net in the 68th minute.
- Alyssa Mencacci, the league's Newcomer-of-the-Year, iced the game in the 85th minute with an unassisted goal, her team-leading eighth of the season.
- Dallas outshot Texas Lutheran, 13-10
- TLU had the advantage on corners, 4-2. Both teams had six saves.
UNIVERSITY OF DALLAS STATISTICAL STANDOUTS
- Alyssa Mencacci: 2 shots, 1 shot on goal, 1 goal
- Elisa Dunn: 2 shots, 2 shots on goal, 1 goal
- Maddie Rodriguez: 3 shots, 2 shots on goal
- Olivia Severson (GK): 90 minutes in goal, 0 goals allowed, 5 saves
TEXAS LUTHERAN UNIVERSITY STATISTICAL STANDOUTS
- Samantha Martinez: 3 shots, 1 shot on goal
- Jessica Acosta: 2 shots, 2 shots on goal
- Madison Stout (GK): 90 minutes in goal, 5 saves, 2 goals allowed
- Dallas advances to the SCAC semifinals for the second straight year, and for the second straight year, it follows a victory over Texas Lutheran. Dallas advanced on penalty kicks in a 2-2 draw to the Bulldogs last year.
- The 2-0 victory duplicates the result from the regular season when Dallas defeated TLU, 2-0, on Oct. 6 in Seguin.
- In the last nine SCAC Women's Soccer Tournament quarterfinal matches, the No. 4 seed is 7-2 against the No. 5 seed.
- The goal by Duran was her fourth of the year and her second game-winner.
- The shutout by Severson was her eighth of the season.
Dallas advances to the semifinals tomorrow and will face top-seeded Trinity University at 11:00 a.m. (CT).