Blanco, Texas is located 45 miles west of Austin and 45 miles north of San Antonio. Blanco was settled in 1853. The Jewel of the city is the gorgeous Blanco River with blue-green water. The river has two favorite swimming areas because of the dams. Known as the lavender capital of Texas, the city holds a yearly lavender festival at the Old Blanco County Courthouse, which features several local artisans’ finest works.