KERRVILLE, Texas - The Trinity University women earned the SCAC Cross Country Championship Saturday, with five runners finishing in the top eight during the 6K meet at Schreiner University. Individual Results | Team Scores | Official Website | Facebook Photo Album
Trinity totaled 20 points, including going 1-3 in the event. The Tigers have now won two-straight team titles and four dating back to the 2012 season. 2018 marks the second championship under the helm of Emily Daum.
The TU Tigers edged out Colorado College who finished second with 36 total points led by a pair of runners finishing in the top-five. University of Dallas finished third overall in the team standings with 106 points, followed by Texas Lutheran (110), Southwestern (138), Austin College (153) and Schreiner (184).
Trinity senior Molly McCullough became the fifth different runner in school history to earn the SCAC Women's Runner of the Year award after she posted a winning 6K time of 21:51.97 on the championship course. McCullough also became the 19th different runner in conference history to achieve All-Conference honors four consecutive seasons.
Colorado College freshman Megan Koch was tabbed the SCAC Newcomer of the Year after finishing third in a time of 23:30.84. Koch is the fifth different CC Tiger to earn Newcomer of the Year award honors.
2018 Women's Cross Country All-Conference Team
1. Molly McCullough, Trinity University - 21:51.97
2. Brianna Ratliff, Trinity University - 23:19.47
3. Laura Taylor, Trinity University - 23:22.46
4. Megan Koch, Colorado College - 23:30.84
5. Leah Veldhuisen, Colorado College - 23:32.63
6. Jordan Juran, Trinity University - 23:43.30
7. Meghan Tanel, Colorado College - 23:43.40
8. Allison Hill, Trinity University - 23:51.69
9. Lily O'Dowd, Colorado College - 23:55.54
10. Ashley Rynard, Texas Lutheran University - 24:02.50
11. Lucy Wagner, Colorado College - 24:10.07
12. Anna Wilgenbusch, University of Dallas - 24:13.59
13. Samantha Simank, Trinity University - 24:18.69
14. Gabi Amaya, Trinity University - 24:27.97