IRVING, Texas - Playing on its home floor, the University of Dallas held off a stubborn Centenary College squad to earn a hard-fought, 3-2, victory to open the 2018 SCAC Volleyball Championship. Official Championships Website | Postgame Interview
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Dallas opened with a 29-27 win in the first set.
- In the second set, Centenary responded with a 25-20 victory to even the match at 1-1.
- Dallas scored seven of the last nine points to take a 2-1 lead with a 25-22 third set victory.
- Centenary made an incredible comeback, trailing as much as 20-13, to take the 28-26 fourth set win and force a deciding fifth set.
- Centenary took a 2-1 lead, but Dallas scored six of the next seven points and took the 15-10 deciding fifth set.
UNIVERSITY OF DALLAS STATISTICAL STANDOUTS
- Abigail Porras: 16 kills, .300 hitting percentage
- Ellise Anable: 17 kills, 22 digs, 4 block assists
- Elizabeth Smith: 54 assists, 13 digs
- Isabel Garcia: 12 kills, 30 digs
CENTENARY COLLEGE STATISTICAL STANDOUTS
- Alyssa Davis: 19 kills, 2 block assists
- Rachel Demerjian: 52 assists, 22 digs
- Michaela Brantley: 10 kills, .381 hitting percentage
- The meeting was just the second between the two programs in SCAC Tournament play. The two played in the 7th/8th place match in the 2013 tournament.
Dallas (19-13) advances to take on the top seed, Colorado College, in the Noon CT semfinal match. Centenary (17-17) will await the loser of third-seeded Southwestern University and sixth-seeded Austin College in tomorrow's fifth/sixth place match at 5 p.m.