KERRVILLE, Texas - The fourth-seeded Schreiner University Mountaineers overcame a 2-0 deficit to take a 3-2 overtime victory over the fifth-seeded Centenary College Ladies in Friday's first quarterfinal of the SCAC Women's Soccer Championship. Official Website | Postgame Interview
Schreiner's Ruth Blackburn put the Mountaineers on the board late in the second half with two goals to tie the game. SU came up with the 3-2 in overtime to advance to the SCAC Women's Soccer Semifinals.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Centenary scored first with less than a minute into the game.
- Centenary extended their lead in the 53rd minute with a goal from Olivia Jackson.
- Schreiner's Ruth Blackburn scored a pair of goals less than a minute apart to tie the game.
- Cailee Morgan scored the game winning goal to advance Schreiner to the semifinals.
SCHREINER UNIVERSITY STATISTICAL STANDOUTS
- Ruth Blackburn (Jr., F), 2 goals, 4 shots, 3 shots on goal, 1 assist
- Cailee Morgan (So., MF), 1 goal, 4 shots, 4 shots on goal
- Dani Loeblein (Fr., MF) 5 shots, 4 shots on goal
CENTENARY STATISTICAL STANDOUTS
- Olivia Jackson (Fr., F/MF), 1 goal, 3 shots, 2 shots on goal
- Marissa Hughes (Sr., F) 1 shots, 1 shot on goal, 1 assist
- This is the second year Schreiner makes it to the semifinals.
- Schreiner and Trinity will have their first SCAC tournament meeting in Saturday's game.
- Blackburn's two goals are tied for the most in a SCAC tournament game since 2013.
Schreiner (9-7-3) advances to play the top seed Trinity University in tomorrow's first semifinal match at 11 a.m. CT.