KERRVILLE, Texas - Top seeded Trinity University advanced to its eighth-straight SCAC women's soccer tournament final with Saturday's 1-0 shutout of Schreiner University. Official Website | Postgame Interview
Junior midfielder Julia Kelly scored the games only goal for Trinity to advance the Tigers to Sunday's championship game.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Trinity outshot Schreiner 29-2.
- Trinity had 15 corners to Schreiner's 0.
- Schreiner had 2 shots on goal while 10 of Trinity's attempts were on goal.
TRINITY UNIVERSITY STATISTICAL STANDOUTS
- Julia Kelly (Jr., MF) 1 goal, 7 Shots, 2 shots on goal
- Brigitte Taylor (Sr., F/MF), 3 shots
- Julia Camp (Jr., F), 3 shots, 1 shot on goal
- Chelsea Cole (So., MF), 4 shots, 2 shots on goal
SCHREINER UNIVERSITY STATISTICAL STANDOUTS
- Jordin Toso (Fr., GK), 9 saves
- Dani Loeblein (Fr., MF) 1 shot, 1 shot on goal
- Cailee Morgan (So, MF) 1 shot, 1 shot on goal
- Schreiner's defense was only the 2nd team this season to hold Trinity to 1 goal.
- Julia Camp made her 12th goal of the season.
- There have been eight SCAC women's soccer tournaments in the league's history and Trinity has played in the final of all eight. Heading into tomorrow's final, the Tigers are 6-1 in those previous seven championship matches.
Trinity (19-0) advances to the SCAC championship match for the eighth straight year and will take on the winner of Southwestern University and Texas Lutheran University Sunday at 1 p.m. CT.