COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - Sixth-seeded Texas Lutheran hit 6 of 8 three-pointers down the stretch and pulled away from third-seeded University of Dallas to earn the 91-76 victory in Friday's second men's quarterfinal game of the 2018 SCAC Basketball Tournament. Official Tournament Website
HOW IT HAPPENED
- After taking a 49-32 lead with 15:28 remaining, Dallas went on a 23-9 run to tie the game at 55 with 8:09 remaining.
- Texas Lutheran responded with a 15-5 run to take a 70-60 lead with 4:19 remaining.
- Texas Lutheran made 14 of 30 (46.7 percent) from the three-point line, compared to 4 of 18 (22.2 percent) from Dallas.
- Both teams were proficient from the charity stripe, with Texas Lutheran hitting 23 of 25 (92.0 percent) and Dallas hitting 22 of 26 (84.6 percent).
- The Texas Lutheran bench outscored Dallas, 36-23.
- Jacob Kouremetis: 18 points, 4 rebounds, 4 assists
- Alex Cage: 17 points, 3 assists
- Sebastian Andrade: 16 points, 3 rebounds
- Matt Perry: 13 points, 4 rebounds
- Spencer Levi: 19 points, 8 rebounds, 2 blocks
- Darrius Colvin: 18 points, 8 rebounds, 7 assists
- Michael Wambsganss: 13 points, 5 rebounds
- Joshua Nunn: 14 points
- With the victory, Texas Lutheran advances to the semifinal round for the fourth straight year.
- Texas Lutheran is 8-1 all-time in SCAC tournament games and has won its last eight.
- Dallas was making its first tournament appearance since advancing to the semifinals of the 2015 championship, which they hosted.
- Dallas ends its season with a 15-11 record.
Texas Lutheran (12-14) advances to take on Centenary tomorrow at 2 p.m. MT. Centenary is the No. 2 seed with an 8-6 conferene mark (14-10 overall). This will be the fourth straight year that Texas Lutheran and Centenary have met in the conference tournament and TLU has won all three of the previous match-ups. The two played for the SCAC title in 2015 with TLU earning the 80-75 victory.