GEORGETOWN, Texas - With Texas Lutheran clinging to a one-point lead, the Bulldogs' Zach Behr scored 12 straight points down the stretch and TLU held off a tough Colorado College squad for a 73-65 victory Saturday night in semifinal action at the 2017 SCAC Men's Basketball Tournament. Official Tournament Website
HOW IT HAPPENED
- In a game that featured six lead changes and six ties, Colorado College held its final lead at 47-46 with 9:19 remaining.
- Texas Lutheran held a 10-2 advantage over Colorado College on second-chance points.
- Texas Lutheran had a 36-24 advantage on points in the paint.
- Both teams made seven 3-pointers, but TLU attempted 20 while CC was much more efficient with just 13 attempts.
- Texas Lutheran and Colorado College both shot 50 percent or better from the field in the second half. TLU shot 50.0 percent (15-30) and CC shot 52.4 percent (11-21).
- Zach Behr: 22 points, 9 rebounds
- Sterling Holmes: 16 points, 2 assists
- Jordan Kouremetis: 13 points, 3 rebounds, 2 assists
- Eric Houska: 22 points, 4 assists
- John Hatch: 17 points, 7 rebounds, 3 assists, 3 blocks
- Chris Martin: 6 points, 9 rebounds
- Texas Lutheran is the second straight team to make it to three consecutive finals. Trinity made it the championship game in 2012, 2013 and 2014.
- Texas Lutheran will attempt to be the first team since the league went to a 6-team format in 2013 to win three straight games and a SCAC title.
- Long-time members of the ASC, this will be the first SCAC postseason meeting between Schreiner and Texas Lutheran.
- Colorado College ends its season with a 11-15 record.
Texas Lutheran (18-9) advances to take on Schreiner tomorrow at 2 p.m. CT. The winner will receive the league's automatic bid to the NCAA tournament.
Coverage of tomorrow's championship game begins approximately 15 minutes prior to tip-off and will be streamed on CollegeTVTicket (http://www.collegetvticket.com).