GEORGETOWN, Texas - Third-seeded Texas Lutheran University held off a strong challenge from sixth-seeded Centenary College in Friday's final game of the evening at the 2017 SCAC Basketball Tournament which is being played at Southwestern University. Official Tournament Website
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Texas Lutheran led by 37-23 with 4:38 remaining before Centenary went on a 16-0 run to take a 39-37 lead just before the half.
- The score was tied eight times and the lead exchanged hands four times.
- Texas Lutheran made 29 of 37 (78.4 percent) from the charity stripe compared to 19 of 25 (76.0 percent) for Centenary.
- Jordan Kouremetis: 23 points, 4 rebounds
- Sterling Holmes: 18 points, 7 rebounds, 3 assists
- Zach Behr: 9 points, 6 rebounds, 3 assists
- James Sapp: 25 points, 13 rebounds
- Treylan Matthews: 18 points, 4 rebounds
- Travion Kirkendoll: 18 points, 7 rebounds
- With the victory, Texas Lutheran advances to the semifinal round for the third straight year.
- James Sapp of Centenary ends his career with 953 rebounds - the most of any player in SCAC history.
- Centenary ends its season with a 12-14 record.
Austin College (16-10) advances to take on Colorado College tomorrow at 3 p.m. Colorado College is the No. 2 seed with a 10-4 conferene mark (15-10 overall).